Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 10 - Something You're Afraid Of

OK, Jason told me to post earlier in the day because my last post was so rambling. I guess you should never write when you have two different ideas and can't decide which one to follow (right, Andrea? - if you're reading). Anyway, it's a bit earlier so I hope I won't be too incoherent. Though, I apparently can't type tonight!

So, something I'm afraid of. I don't really know what to put here...I can't say I'm not afraid of anything because then I would never worry or stress, but I do. I usually worry more at the thought of something than the actual doing so I really just need someone to push me to do it! (Ex. The thought of driving on icy roads is usually much worse than actually doing it!) I believe that God is in control and that should drive out all fear - unfortunately, I am less than perfect (shhh, don't tell anyone) and I am working on this! I can't say that I'm particularly afraid of snakes or bugs, though I have no desire to be in close proximity to poisonous ones and I do not enjoy picking up a container and finding a pile of those little bugs we have in the basement. When I was younger, I was terrified of bears but I even saw one of those in the bush when we were walking one day and I survived so that's OK, too. One of my biggest fears growing up was of going blind (not unreasonable given my eye condition) but now that my problem has been diagnosed and I know what I'm dealing with, that's not such a big deal. I guess I could sum this up with I do have a bit of a fear of the unknown and, as I said above, I'm working on that! Actually, my Thursday morning Mom's group is going to be doing a study on anxiety and worry so that should actually be very helpful (and probably convicting!!) That's it for today!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this. You summed it up very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Okay, I'll admit that after reading this post, I went back to yesterday's and realized that I hadn't even finished reading it. To be fair, something urgent probably came up (I was at work), but yes, maybe it was rambling just a bit ;)

    I've enjoyed getting to know you too. I'll never forget the first time I met you at Stein's apartment. It was the middle of tax season, and you just curled up on the floor and fell asleep, right in the midst of the Goldeneye and Mariokart and whatever else. Now that is a skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think optomists tend to not be terribly afraid of anything. I have so enjoyed reading your posts and look forward each day to a new one!!

    ReplyDelete