Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 18 - Something You Regret

Well, today is all about regrets! Or, rather yesterday since that first line is all I got typed and then the baby started crying. He did not have a good night and I'm not sure why but we all survived. Today the kids all went to Aunties and I got to have a bit of a break. It was actually somewhat productive and I'm very happy about that. Hopefully tomorrow will be productive, too! I should be doing a double post here but it's late so I'll do the double post tomorrow!

Anyway, I don't really have regrets. Sure, there are the little things, like I regret losing my temper with the children or I regret that we couldn't go to a certain event but I don't think I have any really big regrets. There is one "dating" situation that I kinda regret as it stifled a lovely friendship but time passed and things were all good again (and since I was, like, 13 or 14 at the time, I'm not sure it really counts :) ). I don't believe in dwelling on things, but rather, holding them loosely. I think that there are things I wish I wouldn't have done or said but that needs to become a learning experience. Forgiveness needs to be sought and then the regrets are to be gone. (PS if this isn't too coherent, I think I'm tired!) I guess I just don't see the point of wasting my time regretting the past when I need to live the present and plan for the future. Maybe someday I'll regret something but not right now :)!

And with that, I'd better go to bed!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment