Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 12 - What You Believe

It seems strange to go from something so light and trivial as TV shows to something as deeply personal as what you believe! But I guess that is the point of this exercise...to get to know more about the whole person!

I've thought about this some and there are many things that I believe but they all stem out of one core belief in God and His Son Jesus Christ (and the Holy Spirit). I believe that the Bible is the only true Word of God and that it lays out everything we need to know. I believe that there is a God and He is part of a triune being composed of Him, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I believe that God created everything and He created us to have fellowship with Him. However, we have all sinned (every one of us...me included!!) and that has placed a barrier between us and God. The only way to break through that barrier is through the work that Jesus did on the cross when He died and rose again. I also believe that there is a heaven and a hell and that those who do not believe on the name of Jesus Christ will suffer for eternity. I think I've covered the basic core of my belief system. This truly does shape what I believe in life about how to act and treat others and spend my time. I also know that I am not perfect and fail my God too often but He is merciful when I repent and turn to Him.

I hope this gives you a bit of insight into who I am at the core. I know there are some of you out there who agree with me and some of you who don't and that's OK. However, if you want to ask me any questions or have any conversations about this, I'd love to!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment