Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 3 - Your First Love

I was trying to think of something clever to write, but alas, I am only clever when there is no one to hear (or in such a nerdy way that no one else thinks it's clever!!) Though, when I told my husband the topic, his immediate reply was "chocolate". Hmm, I thought, I do love my chocolate...darker is better - not a big fan of the milk version and white is not a chocolate!! I'd always shop at those boutique chocolate shops, if they weren't so expensive!

Anyway, my first love...this seems to be a popular answer but it is my husband! I had silly school girl crushes when I was a kid but never really even had a boyfriend. I had some good guy friends but that was about as far as it went. As I grew up and moved away, I realized that I could never have dated, let alone married any guy I knew in high school! However, I did meet my husband about a week after I left home! I went to this new church (since it was a new city and all) and got introduced to some college & career aged girls. One of them introduced me to this guy named Jason (gee, born mid-'70s, aren't they all named Jason? My brother is, too - quirky fact). I was honestly immediately intrigued but we didn't start dating right away (though, within the year :) ). My dear brother Jason liked to play "match-maker" and would invite the other Jason (see how hard this gets?) over to watch football or do other things. We dated for 5 years and were married in 2002, so it will be 9 years this spring! I'm not a big romantic, sappy kinda person so I don't have lovey dovey kinda stuff to write so I'll just leave you a photo of the happy couple taken this past Christmas Eve - as much in love as ever :).
Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I still remember when you first started "hanging around". Jason had a girlfriend!?!? Such a new adventure for us all! You two really are perfect for each other though. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time he brought you to our apartment. You would have thought the queen was coming! We scurried around straightening and cleaning and then proceeded to feed you bbq'd hamburgers as you sat on our living room floor! What an auspicious beginning! But, I agree with Jen, you two are perfect for each other!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete