Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another Place to Procrastinate!

Hi there! Welcome to my BRAND NEW family blog! Here is another place for me to procrastinate...whether on work by posting here or actually posting here! I seem to procrastinate all over the place! I will be posting photos here...maybe chronologically, maybe not...depends on what I feel like doing. Also, I will be making musings here and notes and that kind of thing. In fact, along with many of my American scrap buddies, I am doing 30 days of thankfulness for this November (since it's American Thanksgiving). I think I'll post it here, too. Just one thing to be thankful for each day for the month. I love thinking of the little things!

So, I'll start with the thankfulness up to this point, then move on to the photos!

Nov 1 - I am very thankful that I got to have tea after my meeting with two wonderful and supportive ladies who I get to work with at Xander's school!
Nov 2 - I am thankful that the snow is almost melted and it feels more like spring!
Nov 3 - I am thankful that I have running water and don't have to haul it to the house!
Nov 4 - I am thankful for the Mom's group at our church. We meet every Thursday morning and today we had a wonderful discussion on Beth Moore's wisdom for parents seminar.
Nov 5 - I am thankful that Jason is so involved with the kids. He's taken care of them almost every night this week and is taking them shopping right now for the stuff for soccer tomorrow (which he will also take Xander to).
Nov 6 - I am thankful that I have been able to participate in the Digital Scrapbooking Day festivities and have had a really good time with some online friends.
Nov 7 - Today I am thankful for the gorgeous weather outside! My walk home from church was more like spring than fall!
Nov 8 - I am thankful for three healthy children. I've seen how much work and stress it can be caring for children with major health needs and I feel very blessed in that way.
Nov 9 - I'm thankful that it is so easy (and cheap) to pick up the phone and be able to talk to my family.
Nov 10 - After an inch or two of snow last night and a couple more predicted for today, I'm thankful that Jason can take the bus to work and I don't have to leave the house.
Nov 11 - Today I'm thankful for Canada and for all those who fought for our freedom.
Nov 12 - Today I am thankful for the sunshine just after lunch so that I could send my two older boys out to play in the yard full of snow!
Nov 13 - Today I am thankful that I once again have a door on my bedroom. It's all painted and everything!

I'll try to update this every day or two for the rest of the month, anyway. Now, on to some photos.

First, here is Evan's 3rd birthday! He is really into guitars at the moment and loves music and singing so that was kind of the theme for his party. His cake was a guitar and we invited Pastor Bernard and family to the party because Evan adores the guitar-playing Pastor Bernard! He even played his guitar when we sang Happy Birthday. Evan got a great kick out of it!

This was what Evan saw when he woke up. All he talked about all day was when was he going to get to eat his guitar cake. That's how I knew we picked the perfect cake for him!

The cake - fun filled guitar candy cake!

He tried to blow out the candles but can't really direct his breath so he really didn't get anything blown out. Auntie Jodi ended up doing it for him!

Here he is watching Pastor Enard (as he calls him) play guitar. He was kinda shy about the whole thing but did love it! They did a few other songs for him too (Auntie Jen helped sing). There was My God is So Big, Backyardigans theme and a few others.

Opening gifts - this one is from Xander.

He loved this card - it was Backyardigans and sang the theme song...this button got pushed over and over (and still sometimes does).

We got him a guitar for his gift and he really enjoys playing it. This is such a cute picture of him!

He had to serenade Jonathan after the party - they were so cute!

Jonathan thought Evan was hilarious...he just giggled and giggled. It was so cute!

It was a fun party and I think Evan loved it so that makes it a total success!!

Now (especially for you Jen)...here is Halloween.

I'm not really into Halloween but Jason wanted to make a Transformers Bumblebee costume for Xander so they ended up with costumes and going out trick-or-treating. Of course, then he had to make Evan something, too, so Evan got to be a Rubik's Cube.

Xander helping spray paint the Bumblebee costume...this didn't work so well and the costume turned out to be way too much work!!

Here is the cute little Rubik's cube. He didn't know what he was but was told that he was a game...you know, like Candyland. To this day, he thinks he was Candyland.

Here is the finished Bumblebee and a VERY excited Xander to get to wear it!

Side view.

They went around to the neighbours' houses and got quite a haul for the few houses they went to. Now, they have finally finished the candy!

There we go...hopefully I'll keep this a little more up to date than I did before. Maybe I'll post more often :D. Yeah, I'm funny!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I laughed OUT LOUD when I saw Evan!! That is one of the best costumes I have ever seen! And very clever that it can be worn over their winter jackets. And seriously...Xander's?! Wow, Jay. You really did outdo yourself. The face on the front and how it pops out...I hope you kept it so Evan can wear it next year...and then Jonathan soon after! Thanks for the pics! Loved them!

    ReplyDelete