Thursday, January 30, 2014

ONE!!

Well, it was actually a little over a week ago that my baby turned one!  It's so hard to believe just how fast time flies.  I never would have guessed that when I was a kid!

So, our sweet little Bradley has been such a great addition to our family.  He's such a laid back baby (though i don't really love that he sucks his finger!) but he also has a lot of energy!  He imitates his brothers and makes driving sounds whenever he has a car in his hand.  He loves to climb the stairs (but can't get down).  In fact, his favourite game since he learned is to climb the stairs, grab a toy, drop it on the first couple of stairs and then lean over head first, to try to grab it.  Let's just say I get my fair share of exercise chasing him up the stairs!  He can hone in on a remote control or open door to his brothers' room from a mile away and no electronic device is safe.  I have never seen a baby go after phones/iPads/iPods etc. so fast (since he was about three months old!).  He totally loves to feed himself (and it doesn't seem to matter what - though after his birthday party, he seems to have an affinity for cake).  His brothers just adore him and he thinks they are hilarious.  He's a bit of a momma's boy but that can change at any time.  All in all, I'd say we have a wonderful little boy to celebrate...here's a few pictures of just how we did that.

This is my adorable little guy on his actual birthday, January 21st!

We had a left over cupcake from his brother's birthday party on the weekend so we did it up in style!  (Also, he was the only one who got a cupcake).

Trust me, this cupcake thing is pretty good!

Then, on the weekend, we had a birthday party for him with family.  Look - I know how to get into this thing (though the paper really is the best part!)

Not so sure what to make of this...especially since Daddy made me stop trying to have my cake and eat it, too!  I only really smudged out "Happy".


Got this cake thing down!  So much so, that Mommy can't give my brothers leftover cake without me fussing until I get some, too.

We love you Bradley!

I also bypassed taking him to Sears for his birthday portraits (since they doubled the price on us) and I did them at home the day after his party.  They turned out pretty cute and I'll post some as soon as I finish editing them!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures! Love to see how much he is growing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that face! I just love his little face!

    ReplyDelete