Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What We've Been Up To...Part II

Well, here's another update from me (in pictures again...this is to the middle of June). Now I know this part will not mean much to most of you but I edit my photos before I put them on my blog. Then I save them, then resize them. It's a real pain, which is part of the reason I don't update more often. But, I have now found a plug-in for my photo editing software that will resize entire batches at once!! I was so incredibly excited. It does in 30 seconds what would be a twenty minute tedious process for me...yay!! Anyway, after that little technical bit...here is the first half of June.

Not beautiful yet...in fact, now really big and quite ugly.

More science going on. Xander got to start a bean plant at church and now it is growing in the backyard.

Reading to Jonathan. When he can't secure Mom or Dad, his brothers will do!

Making a home for our future butterflies. Gotta make it look pretty and this way we get to paint!

Learning way too young. Gaming controller and proper positioning :).

More reading with his other big brother!

Baking with Mom...it was so incredibly delicious!

The beauty began to emerge...and we tried to drown it. Oops...Xander ran out for a stick and we fished it out...it lived. However, it was the first time I've ever had to make early morning emergency butterfly phone calls! (And the way I finally learned that the kids had these at school, too!)

There...drying out and very pretty looking!

Watering those beans we planted...and a few tomatoes.

The best part of the yard...the sandbox. Making roads...every little boys' dream (my kids want to drive big machines when they grow up!)

My lovely niece's 5th birthday! It was a beautiful day, too.

Release party!! Butterfly release, that is...some to freedom...others to death.

This was one of the ones lucky enough to experience freedom.

His father's child. Light sabres are the best toy ever...apparently. Though he still needs to work on which end to grab.

More soccer games. Evan loved the running around and even kicked the ball sometimes. ;)

Field trip on the day we got over 50mm of rain. It was wet but still fun. We saw the swan with the injured wing and got to feed some of the other birds. There were babies and everything.

Well, that brings us up to the middle of June! I have a crazy few days now. School is out (that's fun!) but we're also trying to get ready for vacation so we'll see when the next batch go up!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment