Monday, March 7, 2011

Stopping by for a change...Days 29 and 30

Well, I totally fell off the blogging wagon...and I mean totally. There are a few factors...first, I so didn't know what to write for day 29 (I'm still not sure if I do but it's time to move on!)...second, then I got sick and wasn't on my computer at all...third, I'm guest CTing (creative team) at ScrapMatters in March so I've been trying to scrap like crazy over there (hopefully I'll post the layouts to my scrap blog in the next few days)! But, I've decided that it's about time I finish off what I started, otherwise it will just hang over my head!

Day 29 - Three Wishes

This is the day that stumped me. I guess I just have a notion about wishes that doesn't lead me to making them (other than ones like, I wish my child would go to sleep...). Wishes don't really fit into my world view...I'm not going to go into detail here and now but what I believe about who God is and how He works does not include a genie in a bottle so wishes are pointless. If you want detail - let me know, but I thought I'd keep this post simple. There you go.

Day 30 - A Picture

Well, I have lots of these (ha ha) but it says "a" picture so I guess I will stick to that. This is a photo I took for a challenge at ScrapMatters on breaking the rules with your portraits. I love how it turned out! I love that my subject is out of focus but you can still see the wonder and concentration in his face!
There! I finished off the 30 days and I had a lot of fun doing it. Heather (who started this all) came up with an extended challenge and has a general post for each day (photo Friday, wacky Wednesday) but I'm not sure if I'll participate. Mostly just because I need the more specific prompts to keep me interested, I think. Maybe I'll use her prompts sometimes, though, because I'd like to keep blogging fairly regularly!

Well, I guess I've finished this off now! We haven't been up to too much, lately, just watching curling (the Brier's on this week!) and that's about it. We did go swimming on Friday and it was quite a bit of fun. The kids just love the slides and Jonathan really enjoyed the baby pool, too, once he got over the shock of all the people and noise! I think we're all over this illness, too, so I'm glad about that!

Hopefully I'll be back soon!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the guest spot and completing your 30 days (now that makes it sound like rehab doesn't it, lol). Love your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you finished. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong. Now I hear you've been sick. Hope all is better now! thanks for sharing this month!

    ReplyDelete